Saturday, March 24, 2007

 

Priorities

Spring Break is nearly at an end. It has been a good week in many ways, and a very eye-opening week in others. My priorities are very much out of order. I have become so fascinated with the possibilities that abound for education through Web 2.0 that I have neglected other responsibilities...mainly my roles as a wife and a mother. I have become so attached to the computer that I think the keyboard might be growing out of my fingers. And to be honest, not all of my computer-related pursuits have been educational...there are so many diversions to be found on the internet that I can hardly pull myself away. Once I start working on a Griddlers puzzle, time has no meaning to me. There are many good things coming my way through the internet, but until I get my family life back into a meaningful routine I must put this part of my life aside. I don't know how long it will take, but I am going to do my best to do school work at school (including online work) and devote my home time to family. If I seem to drop off the face of the earth, don't think I have disappeared. I am just reading a story to a child, sitting down for a family meal, teaching my daughter how to ride a bike, helping someone with homework, exercising, spending time with God's Word, or possibly getting a good night's sleep. I'll be back when I figure out how to keep this part of my life from stealing from the most important things in my life. God bless you all.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats