Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Five Things About Me

Thanks, Chris for tagging me! I have taken a break from blogging and reading blogs during the holidays, so I may be a little late to the party. Here goes....(I'll edit to add links later)....

1. I am a Christian. This is something I don't talk about as much as I should. I love how Vicki Davis is always sharing her faith through her blog. My relationship with God is very precious and personal to me, but I keep it more private than I should. I have always believed in God and Jesus as my parents are very wonderful role models. I met my husband at David Lipscomb University, a Christian college in Nashville, Tennesse. I also made friendships there that will last a lifetime even though we don't live near each other any more. (I doubt that any of them read my blog, but I'm sorry about not sending Christmas cards this year. It's still on my to-do list, but this is more fun!) My oldest son became a Christian last summer, and seeing his baptism has to be the proudest moment of my life, so far!

2. I am an only child. This is something I talk about even less! I have a very vivid memory of Mrs. Ford, my eighth grade English teacher discovering I was an only child. In all seriousness she exclaimed very loudly in front of the whole class, "Jeanne!!! I had no idea you were an only child!!! You are so normal!!!!" I was mortified! I always wanted an older brother and a younger sister, but it never happened. My best friend and her brother fought all the time. It hurt me to see them do this because I felt that if they knew how lonely I was, they would appreciate each other more. I vowed that my own children would love each other and be nice to each other all the time. Reality has definitely hit me in the face with that one! It still surprises me how much they enjoy aggravating each other. Of course, the smaller one always gets hurt, and the bigger one always ends up mad.

3. I guess you could say that I am a musician. I took piano lessons from 3rd grade through my freshman year in college. I was pretty good. I played for three major college productions and accompanied a voice major for her junior recital. However, I really wanted to be the singer. I was in chorus for two years in college, and I loved it. I have done some singing in weddings, I was a member of a Barbershop singing group (like Sweet Adelines), and I would really like to join the Decatur Civic Chorus. If my husband ever gets to the place where he is home regularly in the evenings, that's the first thing I am going to sign up to do! I love to sing to my children, and I would love to play the piano still, but everytime I sit down to play, someone wants to sit in my lap or play with me. By the way, I also played the clarinet in high school.

4. In my former life as a mother of two, I was an avid scrapbooker. I have completed over a dozen scrapbooks, but that came to a screeching halt the year I worked for AMSTI and then found out I was expecting my third child. I know that life will slow down eventually, so I keep packing stuff away and hoping I will get back to cropping someday.

5. I think I will brag a little for my 5th item....I used to be really smart! I was a National Merit Scholar, I received a full-tuition academic scholarship for college, and I made a perfect score (32) on the math portion of the ACT. Life's a little rough when you hit your peak at 18!

Now I have to tag 5 other people. I'm late in the game, so I may not know anyone who hasn't been tagged yet. Let's try Sheryl, April, Brandi, Mei Flower, and Sharon.

Happy New Year!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats