Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

It's Wiki Time!

Several weeks ago I created a wiki, but I wasn't really sure what to do with it. I thought it would be a neat way to foster collaboration among teachers, but it seemed difficult to build. Last week I started playing around with it and it finally made sense! I emailed an invitation to some teachers I know asking them to add their ideas. No one has taken me up on it yet, but I am hopeful that I can generate some interest this summer when I am training AMSTI.

If anyone would like to add their ideas to the wiki it is very easy to do. I have actually created three of them, but only one has anything on it! I made them for seventh grade math, pre-algebra, and math team. The seventh grade and pre-algebra wikis are organized by the Alabama Course of Study Objectives. You can click on the objective on the home page and see the resources for that topic. To add an idea, simply click on the edit button at the top of the page. Be sure to save when you are done. If you are a math teacher, please share an idea that has worked for you. I am planning to spend some time this summer putting all of my "tricks of the trade" on the wiki, so check back and see if you can find something useful to you!

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats